Thursday, June 9, 2011

Good Masters! Sweet Ladies! Voices from a Medieval Village by Laura Amy Schlitz (Newbery Award Winner)


Now this is a clever book!  I will be honest.  Most of the time, when reading a new book, I skip the foreword and just start reading.  Something told me to read the foreword this time...so I did.  The author of this book explains that she wrote this book for the students at her school where she works as a librarian.  They were studying the Middle Ages, and she wanted them to have something to dramatize to go with the unit.  She wrote 22 short monologues so that each student in the classes would have an important part. 

While some of the vocabulary from this time period was a bit difficult to understand, most of the harder words were defined or explained in sidenotes on each page.  I learned alot of life in the Middle Ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment